ABC Head Online & Mobile
Sydney, New South Wales
ABC Innovation manages the ABC website abc.net.au and core mobile offerings including the ABC iPhone, iPad and Android apps. We also deliver innovative digital media content and services for online, mobile and emerging platforms.
We are looking for a highly experienced and savvy digital lead to join our Innovation management team. Reporting to the Director Innovation you will be responsible for leading teams of producers, designers, UX practitioner, editorial staff and developers. You will play a crucial role in defining the ABC's online and mobile strategy, building capability and directing and evolving the ABC's online and mobile development. As well as improving the user experience and functionality across all of abc.net.au, this team manages the abc.net.au homepage, Science and Ramp Up websites.
You will provide strong creative, technical and editorial leadership to the team as well as advance best practice, standards, reporting and governance in online and mobile across the ABC. You will be responsible for developing key strategic ideas and initiatives for the ABC in the digital space. An extensive background in digital media production and operations, and a passion for engaging with the latest technologies and digital media trends is a must.
You will have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to excite and influence at a senior level. You will work with Innovation management, cross-divisional leadership, and creative and technical teams to execute strategy and must be experienced in negotiating complex stakeholder arrangements. Proven experience managing staff and budgets combined with a track record of delivering successful audience focussed online and mobile products is essential.
Someone who can lead and inspire, negotiate and deliver, with their finger on the digital pulse will be the ultimate candidate for this role.
- Leadership of the ABC Innovation Online and Mobile team, which includes the hands on operational aspects of managing the internal production, development and editorial teams.
- Responsible for defining and executing strategies for the ABC's core online and mobile platforms.
- Managing existing projects and also driving future projects and strategic direction.
- Identify opportunities and critically appraise new technologies and platforms in response to shifting audience behaviour and media trends.
- Raise awareness, foster knowledge, and attain support for new digital initiatives at a senior level across the organisation.
- Conceive and develop new content, features and functionality for ABC Online and mobile. Plan and implement complex technical and creative projects involving designers, developers, managers and other stakeholders.
- Advance the development of online and mobile standards across the ABC, including but not limited to user experience, accessibility, and search engine optimisation. Help educate and inspire digital teams about best practices and emerging trends.
- Advocate and apply ABC values and all relevant ABC policies and procedures including Equity & Diversity and Work, Health & Safety.
1. Extensive digital background and recent experience leading the creation and implementation of audience facing initiatives across online and mobile.
2. Proven ability to identify digital media trends, develop strategies, influence stakeholders, and deliver creative and technical online and mobile projects for audiences.
3. Strategic and creative thinking skills, along with the ability to and inspire creativity and innovation and to drive results.
4. Superior knowledge of emerging digital trends and audience behaviour, as well as demonstrated experience in employing the latest mobile and web standards and technologies in the delivery of digital products and services.
5. Editorial experience as well as business writing, storytelling, communication, and presentation skills is an advantage.
6. Capable of managing team work flow, budgets and time frames across multiple projects. Experience leading a digital production team is highly desirable.
7. Proven experience developing and implementing online and mobile strategies for a media organisation or equivalent is desirable.
8. Understanding and commitment to relevant ABC values, policies and practices including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work, Health & Safety.
Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at abc.net.au
Applicants must address the selection criteria. For more information on how to apply visit Application Tips
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer.
The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position.
Closing date: 5 Aug 2012
This job is now expired.