Programme Manager- 'LifeStyle Home'
Sydney, New South Wales
Your main focus in this role will be to create, cohesive "must see" programming schedules which achieve LifeStyle Home's annual rating and commercial targets. Your programming strategies will successfully align the channel to its intended brand positioning and intended core audience, as well as reaching out to attracting potential new viewers. Specific responsibilities for this role will include…
- Managing programming & scheduling tasks to create the channel's schedules on a monthly basis.
- Forward planning, creating monthly themes and stunts - forecasting the programming long term - up to a year ahead - primetime, daytime & mid-dawn.
- Analyzing ratings on a daily and seasonal basis to understand channel performance and then formulating strategic proposals to increase ratings and market position.
- Working closely with Acquisitions team to ensure contents contracts are delivered and that the programming system, Paradigm is updated correctly.
- Monitor the channel's forward buying plan and tracking cash flow vs budget.
- Overseeing and managing channel's broadcast operation issues, e.g. compiling, library, MCR feeds, VT standards (16:9), file delivery etc.
- Identifying opportunities and working with the Marketing Manager, Online, Promo and Publicity teams in aid of successfully leveraging the programming for robust ratings, interest and awareness of the channel.
- Liaising with our partners at MCN to ensure all bookings, traffic and formats are consistent and aligned with the schedules.
- Previewing new content and working with the Head of Programming & Commissions to determine suitability for the channel.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience…
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in a Programming position in a television environment.
- Tertiary level qualification essential
- Able to demonstrate a passion for LifeStyle programming and an understanding of what the channel's core demo expects.
- Able to demonstrate previous examples of where you have created successful programming strategies to improve ratings and channel performance.
- You'll need an exceptional eye for detail and level of accuracy to spot mistakes, inconsistencies and contradictions in schedules/logs etc.
- Experience in analyzing and understanding ratings data and related research, and examples how you have used this to improve channel performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to influence internal colleagues, external stakeholders and respond to viewer/industry correspondence.
- Solid team player.
Due to the fast paced nature of FOXTEL's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible and we will assess applications as they are received.
Please note that FOXTEL operates a direct resourcing model, therefore no agency introductions will be accepted.
This job is now expired.