.NET Developers - Australian Rugby Union
Sydney, New South Wales
A little about the Role:
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right person. It’s a chance to work for one of Australia’s leading sporting bodies and work on some of the most exciting projects in the Australian sporting industry.
Based in St Leonards, the successful applicants will work as part of a small innovative development team creating the Australian Rugby digital platform, including Web, Social Media, and Mobile channels. Working with the latest tools, and working with some of Australia’s largest brands, including Qantas Wallabies and Super Rugby, you have a chance to innovate and make a difference.
More specifically, you will:
• Maintain and enhance the various software systems utilised within the
• Actively participate in adoption of agile development processes
• Actively communicate with end customers and stakeholders
• Provide continuing development efforts for public facing web sites and mobile applications
• Develop new software systems for use by the ARU as and when the need arises
• Implement software consistent with the core systems architecture
• Perform technical analysis and design in order to understand and implement changes in desired functionality
A little about You:
To be successful in this role you will need a minimum 5 years of experience in a Web Development role with a solid understanding of Development patterns. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, passionate and constantly looking to improve on their existing skill set. You may have a blog or be working on your own personal project, but whatever it is, we want someone who loves doing what they do even outside of work.
This is a small team, so you’ll need to have strong interpersonal skills and the team awareness to identify and help others in need. As well as this, both verbal and written communication skills are absolutely paramount.
In addition, you will require:
• Appropriate tertiary qualifications
• Strong HTML/CSS, JQuery and C#.NET experience
• Commercial use of Scrum, Kanban or other agile software development methodologies
• Experience with Website Content Management Systems
• Strong analysis and technical design experience
A little about the company:
The Australian Rugby Union (ARU) is the governing body of rugby union in Australia. It is a member of the International Rugby Board (IRB) the sport's governing body and consists of eight member unions, representing each state and territory. The ARU is a not for profit organisation and is responsible for all Australia’s national rugby union teams: Qantas Wallabies, Wallaroos, Mens & Womens Sevens, Australia U20’s and Australian Schoolboys.
This job is now expired.