Refining Your Public Speaking & Presentation Skill
New South Wales, Sydney
Studies have shown that 23% of people fear speaking in public more than death. Unfortunately, public speaking tends to fall hand in hand with being able to run a successful company, getting your ideas heard and creating a public profile. The art of rhetoric needn't be a painful exercise though. In this class, you will figure out how to be your best when the pressure’s on.
The ability to connect with others in an authentic way is the key to being a great speaker – and it carries over equally to the success of your business and personal life.
This interactive class is capped at 10 people. Each student will get the chance to articulate their specific public-speaking goals and give a 1–2 minute pitch/speech. You’ll get expert feedback in a supportive environment, and leave this class with the physical experience of presenting in front of a group of people.
In this class, you will learn:
- How to be more genuine and less robotic when you speak publicly
- To control your nerves so that they don't get in the way of a killer pitch, presentation or demo
- How to effectively address groups of people
- Articulate your public-speaking goals
- Put into practice what you've learnt by giving a short pitch to the group
- Test the waters and receive expert feedback on ideas for conference talks
Ryan Wardell is a serial entrepreneur, having started 5 businesses since the age of 17. He sold Project PowerUp - a crowdfunding site for startups - in February 2012, less than 12 months after launch. He also runs Cofounder Speed Date - a matchmaking service for hackers and hustlers - and also mentors and advises several startups. Ryan has never had a "real" job and never will.
This course is now expired.