Introduction to Directing TVC's
New South Wales, Sydney
Working as a director in the world of Television Commercials involves a very unique skill set. Not only does it require creative vision and technical knowledge but a successful TVC Director will have a good understanding of how to successfully negotiate working in a commercial environment in a highly collaborative way. It is a demanding, but potentially very lucrative, role.
This two-day course will give aspiring TVC directors inside knowledge of the Industry and a good understanding of the skills required to have a career as a TVC Director. It will cover:
• What it takes to get the job
• Creating Director’s treatment
• The importance of a Director’s reel
• Working with agencies and clients – where does the Director fit in: AKA “Working with Mad Men”
• How to read a TVC script and/or storyboard
• Breaking down a TVC script • Thinking visually and economically – How to tell the best story in 60 seconds or less • When more is less and less is more
• TVCs new, and very important younger sibling – Content and the wide range of deliverables now required
• Working with celebrities who aren’t actors
• The Director – Producer relationship in TVCs
• “Go Sees” – how to ensure they are productive.
Delivered by experienced TVC Director Julie Money, with Industry guests, this course is suitable for people with some directing experience who want to move into the TVC area.
DATE: 18 Aug 2012 - 19 Aug 2012
TIME: 9:30AM - 5:30PM (first session) 2 sessions, 16 hours total
LOCATION: AFTRS Sydney
TUTOR: Julie Money
This course is now expired.