EDM: Creating HTML Emails
New South Wales, Sydney
EDM - Creating HTML Email
Lecturer Martha Arifin
Duration: Two days 10.00am – 4.00pm
Dates September 15, 22
Venue Billy Blue College of Design, 171 Pacific Highway, North Sydney
In this hands-on workshop you will design and put together an effective HTML email newsletter using Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
The course covers planning for an effective email newsletter, email marketing basics, design constraints, optimising image, managing spam filters; and after you’ve put together and tested your HTML email, how to evaluate the email delivery services.
You’ll learn how to ensure your email newsletters can be properly seen in a variety of email clients, including web-based clients such as Gmail and Hotmail.
Who should attend
This course is designed for designers who want to learn to put together an HTML email newsletter using Dreamweaver as a tool.
At the end of course you will have built at least one complete HTML email.
Email Marketing Basics
• Designing an effective HTML email
• Understanding design constraints
• Anti-spam techniques
• HTML format vs plain text
• Examining legal requirements
Introduction to HTML Email
• Difference between HTML email and web pages
• HTML email in different email clients
Creating an Email Newsletter
• Different layout styles: 1, 2 and multiple column layouts
• Optimal sizes & dimensions
• Using Photoshop to slice & optimise images
• Using Dreamweaver for coding HTML email
• Assign hyperlinks
Testing & sending email
• How to test email
• Creating a plain text email
• Sending email with MailChimp
• Layout & spacing issues
• Image issues
• Video in HTML email
• Basic computer operations (MAC/PC)
• Basic Photoshop skill
• No HTML or Dreamweaver experience necessary
Course content may vary depending on class requirements.
Martha Arifin has over ten years experience in graphics, web and multimedia. She started out as a graphic designer in a local advertising agency, has built up her career as an Art Director before moving into the web space. Now a Senior Project Manager and Owner at Fitting Room Projects ([..]), Martha specialises in developing web and online applications. Projects she manages range from the creation of commercial corporate websites, development of content management systems and Flash interaction, to complex database and software development for small to medium organisations. She also manages a highly profitable online business and is an aspiring online entrepreneur.
This course is now expired.