• Producing – including: production schedules, coordinating cast & crew, script editing, and preparing for shoots
• Video production – including: cinematography, camera operation, audio recording, lighting & editing
• The production of documentary video content
• Editing on Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere Pro
• Development of website
Freelance Photography and Videography
Bo Christian Larsson's ‘Fade Away, Fade Away, Fade Away’
Artist’s assistant & seamstress for 3 month long durational installation/performance for the Biennale of Sydney at Camperdown Cemetery
Assisted in the running and administration of the studio, greeting visitors, project and exhibition development for 2012 New York Frieze Art Fair and ‘Animals and Grids’ at Team Gallery, assisted and filmed the EDUN FW2012 campaign: ‘Bird of Prey’, and videography of the opening night of ‘Animals and Grids’, with live performance by Atlas Sound.
Official Stills Photographer for Andy X, a feature film my Jim Sharman
For 'A Song Universal'
The (re)Generation Project. - Presented and screened the Museum of Contemporary Art in Sydney.
Curated by Nadia Johnson
The annual Hatched: National Graduate Show tracks the changing trends and developments in emerging contemporary art by providing an annual snapshot of the country’s aesthetic mood. It has become a vital compass in identifying a new generation of emerging artists, fresh out of art school and eager to embark on their careers.
2015 will see the 24th iteration of Hatched, still the only national exhibition of its kind and, once again, a celebration of the most talented graduate artists from 22 of Australia’s best art schools and universities.
I Directed, Filmed and Edited a music video for IE Music.
directed, filmed, and edited two music videos for Anabelle Kay
Produced, filmed and edited a 'customer promise' video for Jurlique
Sydney College of the Arts
The National College of Business Management
Rhode Island School of Design
Australian National University
|Website||login to view website|
I'm a Photographer / Videographer / Artist based in Sydney.
My skills over the past seven years include:
• Video production – including: cinematography, camera operation, audio recording, lighting & video editing
• Photography – including: fashion, art, music, event, portrait
• Producing – including: research, production schedules, coordinating cast & crew, script editing
• Experienced with the production of TVC’s, music videos, documentary and other video content
• Experienced with computer and video/photo editing skills including Microsoft Office, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, website development, and very social media savvy.
• Experienced in 35mm and medium format analogue photography, studio lighting, colour and black & white darkroom printing & digital photography printing.
a bit more about me:
Eliya Nikki Cohen is an artist and filmmaker, working across video, installation, photography and documentary film. In 2014 Eliya graduated with a Bachelor of Visual Arts with 1st class honours from Sydney College of the Arts. Cohen was selected to exhibit her video installation ‘Love Eyes’ in Hatched: National Graduate Show (2015) at the Perth Institute of Contemporary Art, and in Emerging (2015) at the Gosford Regional Gallery. In 2011 she studied at the Rhode Island School of Design, and in 2012 she assisted for artist and photographer Ryan McGinley in New York City. Eliya has exhibited in solo and group shows throughout Australia and Internationally.